Pitt Rivers Museum
Displaying the archaelogical and anthropological collections of the University of Oxford.
The museum was founded in 1884 by General Augustus Pitt Rivers, who donated his collection (approximately 20,000 items) to the University. The collection has now grown to 500,000 items – many of which have been donated by travellers, scholars and missionaries.
Visit Pitt Rivers’ website for more information.